Accommodations: Tennessee v. Idaho

  • edward haile
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2002
      I think Tennessee is an excellent choice on the Potomac. I live on the
      Rappahannock and was strongly considering a T here. I assume you've followed
      the lengthy discussions here regarding the two boats, Idaho (planing) and
      Tenn (displacement). Bolger has several layout alternatives for these boats.
      I have cruised on a heavy Tennessee, a Duck Flats version with headroom
      wheelhouse, forepeak with sitting room, and hard tophamper cockpit 10ft long
      back to the engine bay. We slung a Honda 15 and did just under 7 knots at 14
      nmpg. We never hit ten knots but at about 8-1/2k we got a rooster tail. I
      believe V/L 1.0 on this waterline is 7-1/2 knots, right? I don't believe
      another half ton or so would affect these numbers much. But maybe a half ton
      less would.