Re:Accommodations: Tennessee v. Idaho

  • Vince and Mary Ann Chew
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2002
      The plans for the Dakota I'm building came with a sheet of four
      alternate arrangement plans in addition to the one "streetcar style"
      accommodation which was the basis for my choosing this plan. It is
      similar to Idaho but 7 feet longer. The fact that so many options were
      presented including just using the hull as a big skiff with no cabin at
      all, indicates to me that you can play around with the cabins on these
      designs quite a bit to suit your needs (within limits of weight and balance).
      I built the cabin with headroom varying from 6'1" to 6'3". I might have
      been able to get another inch or so out of the width of a 4' sheet of
      cabin side material if that had been a requirement for me. If not, it
      would have been fairly simple to splice a narrow strip at the top.

      You can always sketch any modification you are contemplating and fax it
      to PCB. If you are a paying customer, you will get prompt feedback.

      Vince Chew