Ideal dinghy/tender for Micro

  • martin.me.roberts@bt.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2002
      Any suggestions for an ideal tender for a Micro, I was mainly thinking of
      problems of towning or stowing?

      Martin Roberts
      xml designer,
      BTexact Technologies
      e-mail: martin.me.roberts@...
      tel: +44(0) 1473 609785 clickdial
      <http://clickdial.bt.co.uk/clickdial?001609785.cld>
      fax: +44(0) 1473 609834
      pp 16 Floor 5, Orion Building, Adastral Park, Martlesham, Ipswich IP5 3RE,
      UK
      BTexact Technologies is a trademark of British Telecommunications
      plc
      Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
      Registered in England no. 1800000
      This electronic message contains information from British
      Telecommunications plc which may be privileged or confidential. The
      information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity
      named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any
      disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information
      is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please
      notify us by telephone or email (to the numbers or address above)
      immediately.

    • binksboats
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2002
        Martin,

        Well, Shoebox comes to mind. Actually, the original cartoon for
        what was to become Shoebox was in the old Small Boat Journal (RIP).
        The sponsons came off and stowed in the center section making for a
        very small footprint. (hahaha Shoebox...footprint...get it? I crack
        myself up) I will dig up my old copy and see if it will scan if there
        is any interest.

        Bink.

        --- In bolger@y..., martin.me.roberts@b... wrote:
        > Any suggestions for an ideal tender for a Micro, I was mainly
        thinking of
        > problems of towning or stowing?
        >
        > Martin Roberts
        > xml designer,
        > BTexact Technologies
        > e-mail: martin.me.roberts@b...
        > tel: +44(0) 1473 609785 clickdial
        > <http://clickdial.bt.co.uk/clickdial?001609785.cld>
        > fax: +44(0) 1473 609834
        > pp 16 Floor 5, Orion Building, Adastral Park, Martlesham, Ipswich
        IP5 3RE,
        > UK
        > BTexact Technologies is a trademark of British
        Telecommunications
        > plc
        > Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
        > Registered in England no. 1800000
        > This electronic message contains information from British
        > Telecommunications plc which may be privileged or confidential. The
        > information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or
        entity
        > named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any
        > disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
        information
        > is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in
        error, please
        > notify us by telephone or email (to the numbers or address above)
        > immediately.

      • rlspell2000
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2002
          I'm building a Chebacco (alos has shallow keel), but I have several
          friends with a Micro. They don't use a tender, one anchors his Micro
          in knee deep water and wades out in "hip huggers".

          I was wondering, do you plan on leaving the boat at a mooring, where
          you will need to be able to row out to it? If not, have you
          considered mooring to the beach? Generaly, you can get close enough
          to step off the nose onto dry ground...

          --- In bolger@y..., martin.me.roberts@b... wrote:
          > Any suggestions for an ideal tender for a Micro, I was mainly
          thinking of
          > problems of towning or stowing?
          >
          > Martin Roberts
          > xml designer,
          > BTexact Technologies
          > e-mail: martin.me.roberts@b...
          > tel: +44(0) 1473 609785 clickdial
          > <http://clickdial.bt.co.uk/clickdial?001609785.cld>
          > fax: +44(0) 1473 609834
          > pp 16 Floor 5, Orion Building, Adastral Park, Martlesham, Ipswich
          IP5 3RE,
          > UK
          > BTexact Technologies is a trademark of British
          Telecommunications
          > plc
          > Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
          > Registered in England no. 1800000
          > This electronic message contains information from British
          > Telecommunications plc which may be privileged or confidential. The
          > information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or
          entity
          > named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any
          > disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
          information
          > is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in
          error, please
          > notify us by telephone or email (to the numbers or address above)
          > immediately.

        • thomas dalzell
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 3, 2002
            Better flyfishing store and Bass Pro etc.. sell
            bootles waders that weight about 120z, and have the
            volume of a hat when rolled up. If the ground isn't
            to sharp where you wade, you can slip these on and
            off, and they last very well.

            >>They don't use a tender, one anchors his Micro <BR>
            in knee deep water and wades out in "hip
            huggers".<BR>
            <