Re: [bolger] Re: Wyoming, and building cheap.

  • thomas dalzell
    Message 1 of 147 , Jan 1, 2002
      That reminds me of aborol, which is some kind of milk
      or casein resin tha is sort of an earlier resin
      sealant. Her in Can. epoxy is still pricy, but in US,
      Epoxy might be cheapper per gallon than some paint!

      Message 147 of 147 , Oct 11, 2009
        On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 6:53 PM, nonews35 <nonews35@...> wrote:

        > Have any Ahingas been built except the Sandy Bottoms one? Is the hull the same as BirdWatcher of is it slab sided? I'm looking to go with something like that or maybe a Martha Jane.
        >
        > Also, I like the idea of a lateen rig also like Zephyr so you can tow the boat to the nearby launch ramp fully rigged it the mast is short enough. Any ideas? I think you could make the mast 11' long and still be OK most places. The Zephyr mast is only 9' the Martha Janes is a bit too high.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Jeff

        The Sandy Bottoms is the only Anhinga built that I have heard about.
        The Anhinga is a remarkable design in that it is a spare, simple,
        'big' boat. I think it might make sense if what you want is a very
        easily achieved (quick build) trailerable 'oar power auxillary' camp
        cruiser.