Only slightly off-topic

  • Bill Samson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 25, 2001
      Merry Xmas Guys and Gals! Looks like it might be a white one once again, here in Bonnie Scotland.

      Went to see The Lord of the Rings yesterday and was very taken with the little lapstrake canoes that the folks use when they paddle down the Great River.

      Can any of our NZ chums identify the builder/designer?

      BTW - I noticed that they must have been built in two sizes - the bigger size for when the Hobbits sneak off in one - so it all looks to scale - even the paddles are big for them!

      Bill