Re: oceangoing with bolger

  • ellengaestboatbuildingcom
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 22, 2001
      Great list of boats you've got there Peter!Prancing Pony provided many
      a fine daydream for me until I saw Thomas Gilmers Blue Moon and
      Fenwick Williams 24'yawl(aka Annie),that's when madness set in along
      with alot of wasted time..........
      Wolf Trap has been a constant reminder of just how stupid I was when I
      chose long ago not to take"shop" classes in welding.I dream of her
      outfitted with a pilothouse,a slightly shorter cockpit and built of
      steel,instead of aluminum,to charge through the ice up here.
      Red Zinger looks supremely elegant for a panel boat although I would
      look into building a more robust pilothouse on her.........
      Oh my,the memories you have stirred up! This is usually where I start
      wondering what it would be like if I were filthy,stinking rich with
      all the time in the world!No more sardine and garlic sandwiches for
      me!No sirree! And no more freezing temperatures either as I would
      re-locate a good ways south,close to the water and absolutely
      never-ever-grow-up.Oh the delirium and sweet madness of it all!!
      Thanks for the list!
      Peter Lenihan,looking for any excuse to put off Christmas
      shopping,from the shores of the St.Lawrence.............