[bolger] as 29

  • peter lenihan
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 11, 2000
      I am not sure what is going on here but I would invite one and all to
      take a look at the following sight(www.tantonyachts.com) and go to the
      designs section.Once there,look at design number 980.Now,unless I have
      missed something during the Y2K partying,this is a AS 29.Perhaps
      Mr.Bolger should be informed of this especially as he appears to have
      been"ripped off"in the past with alot of his copyrighted work.
      At any rate,I sure would like to here an explaination for this apparent
      copy of the venerable AS 29.
      Regards,
      Peter L.
    • Richard
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 11, 2000
        http://www.tantonyachts.com/images10.htm#No. 980
        Sure looks like one to me.

        peter lenihan wrote:

        I am not sure what is going on here but I would invite one and all to
        take a look at the following sight(www.tantonyachts.com) and go to the
        designs section.Once there,look at design number 980.Now,unless I have
        missed something during the Y2K partying,this is a AS 29.Perhaps
        Mr.Bolger should be informed of this especially as he appears to have
        been"ripped off"in the past with alot of his copyrighted work.
        At any rate,I sure would like to here an explaination for this apparent
        copy of the venerable AS 29.
                                                     Regards,
                                                        Peter L.

        FreeLotto.com is the only internet site to offer three free chances

        a day to win $1,000,000.00. We've already had two $1,000,000.00

        jackpot winners and thousands of other cash prizes.  You could be

        a $1,000,000.00 winner tonight!
        http://click.egroups.com/1/445/5/_/3457/_/947601158/

        -- Create a poll/survey for your group!
        -- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=bolger&m=1

      • Richard
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 11, 2000

          peter lenihan wrote:

[...]

          Click Here!
          eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger
        • Richard

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 11, 2000
              Peter,

              Lemme do a little tidying up here for a minute . . .

              Yves Marie is NOT "ripping" Bolger off any more than two designers who do
              America's Cup boats or IOR designs can be accused of "ripping" each other
              off just because the boats have a similar look. I've known Yves for thirty
              years. He's about as legit as you can get and probably has about twice the
              design practice that Phil Bolger has. Bottom line, he doesn't need to rip
              anyone off, least of all Phil.

              What the story is about Tanton's similar looking boat (to the AS29) I don't
              know, but you might want to email Yves Marie himself and ask him before
              accusing him of plagiarism. He'll tell you, I'm sure. He's a nice,
              forthcoming guy, and one of the better designers working these days.

              If you're on a scavenger hunt for smoking guns and similar designs, you
              might want to review Jim Michalak's catalog and web site and report back to
              the list what you find there.

              Regards,

              Chuck

              ***********************************
              CHUCK MERRELL
              MERRELL WATERCRAFT
              P. O. Box 80264
              Seattle, WA 98108-0264
              (206) 764-1298
              Email: chuck@...
              Web Site: http://www.boatdesign.com
              **********************************

            • tjfatchen@ace.net.au
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 19, 2000
                BO>Lemme do a little tidying up here for a minute . . .

                BO>Yves Marie is NOT "ripping" Bolger off any more than two designers who do
                BO>America's Cup boats or IOR designs can be accused of "ripping" each other
                BO>off just because the boats have a similar look.

                Chuck, in defence of Peter, the study plans appear to go beyond similar
                looks to major concordance in details. Michalak's boats on the other
                hand have a similar look'n'feel, but are clearly their own boats. I
                don't know the person but on the face of it the two designs are so
                similar that Peter's query would seem entirely justifiable.

                Tim Fatchen
              • mkriley@fuse.net
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 7, 2004
                  anybody have the exact headroom under the deck on this vessel.
                  thanks
                  mike
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 7, 2004
                    In the 'upgraded' AS-29 headroom is 6'2+" in the galley,
                    4'6" in the sleeping and main cabins and 6'0" in the head.
                    The headroom in the galley, I deduce, varys depending on
                    what height you put the floor. The floor can go lower if you use
                    the exterior steel plate ballast, or higher if you use the
                    interior lead ballast bars.

                    See
                    http://www.alaska.net/~mzeiger/DaveAnke.html
                    for interior photos of a very AS-29-like boat
                    and
                    http://www.towndock.net/shipping/2004_05_01_shiparchive.html
                    for one 'inside cabin' shot of a standard AS-29.
                    and
                    http://www.geocities.com/coastercoaster/BolgerAS29pics02.html
                    for more 'standard AS-29' interior photos.