Dakota cartoon, new layout.

  • bruce_hector@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2001
      I sent of a wish list of features I'd like in a powered sharpie and
      he sent me back this cartoon. Not quite big enough to put a flight
      deck on, but it's a step in the right direction. A scan of the
      cartoon has been posted to the files at Bolger2. Enjoy. Bruce Hector.
    • Peter Lenihan
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2001
        Now you've done it Bruce........I got me a crick in the neck from
        staring at that interior scan of DAKOTA sideways!!
        Looks like a fun boat for some summer time cruises in the Thousand
        Islands or up to Ottawa,down to Montréal etc.......How about just
        launching a small dirigable from the roof as a sort of observation
        platform while at anchor? Might also prove handy when you just want
        to get away from the crowds the boat is sure to attract!
        Sincerely,
        Peter Lenihan,looking for the A535 before lunchtime,on the shores of
        the St.Lawrence.........

        --- In bolger@y..., bruce_hector@h... wrote:
        > I sent of a wish list of features I'd like in a powered sharpie and
        > he sent me back this cartoon. Not quite big enough to put a flight
        > deck on, but it's a step in the right direction. A scan of the
        > cartoon has been posted to the files at Bolger2. Enjoy. Bruce
        Hector.
      • Ralph
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2001
          Bruce,

          It is an interesting variation. It seems like it might hard to trim
          it properly in the lateral direction. All the furniture is on the
          starboard side and all the passengers except the helmsman have to sit
          on the starboard side. Maybe this isn't a problem with these flat
          bottomed - square sided boats, but you might want to consider it.

          Ralph