Re: Summer Ease

  • Roger Vaillancourt
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 2, 2001
      Since I had the MAIB issue in hand and a scanner available, I've
      uploaded low-res images of Summer Ease to the files of bolger2. It's
      one of my personal favorites, so I'm happy to help others see this
      beaty. As always, beware of word wrap:

      Roger

      --- In bolger@y..., "Clyde S. Wisner" <clydewis@c...> wrote:
      > I have a scanable sized drawing but I'm still looking for it. I
      know I can do something because I
      > bought the plans. Clyde
      >
      > Mark Albanese wrote:
      >
      > > Clyde,
      > > The boat was featured in MAIB 4/1/99. Bob Hicks sometimes
      > > has the old issues, sometimes not, and responding to a
      > > request may be more trouble than its worth to him. If you
      > > can help, my thanks.
      > > Mark
      > >

      > > "Clyde S. Wisner" wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I'll try to get a scan and send to someone knowledgable in
      > > > Yahoo, Maybe COD would do it for me. Clyde
      > >

      > > Bolger rules!!!
      > > - no cursing, flaming, trolling, spamming, or flogging dead horses
      > > - pls take "personals" off-list, stay on topic, and punctuate
      > > - add your comments at the TOP and SIGN your posts, snip all you
      like
      > > - To order plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209,
      Gloucester, MA, 01930, Fax: (978) 282-1349

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
    • vcgraphics@theriver.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 2, 2001
        Oh Roger, what have you done to me! Now I'm in love again. And
        my Micro/Chebacco indecision is now triangular.

        Vance

        --- In bolger@y..., "Roger Vaillancourt" <rogerva@h...> wrote:

        I've uploaded low-res images of Summer Ease to the files of
        bolger2.
      • Mark Albanese
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 2, 2001
          Roger,

          Thanks to both you and Clyde for the effort to post these drawings.
          It looks a thoroughbred to me.

          The sections seem to go from flat to vee'd to rounded at the
          bow. Is it worked out to use projected panels, or a more
          traditional set-up job?

          Mark

          Roger Vaillancourt wrote:

          snip
          > I've uploaded low-res images of Summer Ease to the files of
          > bolger2. It's
          > one of my personal favorites, so I'm happy to help others
          > see this beauty.
        • Clyde S. Wisner
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 3, 2001
            Thanks for posting, I'm just not home enough now to search for drawing. My intro to Summer Ease came
            from asking(fax) PCB about a sail on my Lily, tilt the umbrella forward in a tail wind and keep motor
            running for steering; and then enlarging it in a new boat. You can see the evolution at
            www.carr.org/~clydewis, his answer was Summer Ease. One of the 1st Bolger plans I've left on the
            coffee table which did not get the "what an ugly boat" comment. As I mentioned earlier, the little
            Freedom 21 came along but I haven't had time to really sail much. Clyde

            Roger Vaillancourt wrote:

            > Since I had the MAIB issue in hand and a scanner available, I've
            > uploaded low-res images of Summer Ease to the files of bolger2. It's
            > one of my personal favorites, so I'm happy to help others see this
            > beaty. As always, beware of word wrap:
            >
            > Roger
            >
            > --- In bolger@y..., "Clyde S. Wisner" <clydewis@c...> wrote:
            > > I have a scanable sized drawing but I'm still looking for it. I
            > know I can do something because I
            > > bought the plans. Clyde
            > >
            > > Mark Albanese wrote:
            > >
            > > > Clyde,
            > > > The boat was featured in MAIB 4/1/99. Bob Hicks sometimes
            > > > has the old issues, sometimes not, and responding to a
            > > > request may be more trouble than its worth to him. If you
            > > > can help, my thanks.
            > > > Mark

            > > > Bolger rules!!!
            > > > - no cursing, flaming, trolling, spamming, or flogging dead horses
            > > > - pls take "personals" off-list, stay on topic, and punctuate
            > > > - add your comments at the TOP and SIGN your posts, snip all you
            > like
            > > > - To order plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209,
            > Gloucester, MA, 01930, Fax: (978) 282-1349
            > > > - Unsubscribe: bolger-unsubscribe@y...
            > > >
            > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Nels
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 28, 2006
              Jon,

              SUMMEREASE is a beautiful looking hull. How is the rounded bottom
              sheathed? Strip-planked or bent ply?

              Thanks,

              Nels
            • adventures_in_astrophotography
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 29, 2006
                Hi Nels,

                > SUMMEREASE is a beautiful looking hull. How is the rounded bottom
                > sheathed? Strip-planked or bent ply?

                The building key calls for the bottom to be laminated from two layers
                of 1/4" ply. I suspect that the forward sections will be tough to
                twist in, but I've never built one with that much twist.

                Jon Kolb
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 29, 2006
                  > of 1/4" ply. I suspect that the forward sections will be tough to
                  > twist in, but I've never built one with that much twist.

                  Topaz gets twist like that, and I found it not too hard. It took a
                  couple of days of 'spare time' evening hours to get the edges fit up
                  anyway, with wipe down soakings with a wet rag, and patience, 1/4"
                  plywood can bend a lot!

                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/hallman/104892502/
                • prairiedog2332
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 14, 2013
                    Came across this on You Tube

                    Nels
                  • pindimarmicro
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 15, 2013
                      That's a nice boat, although that mainmast looks mighty heavy!

                      Greg

                      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "prairiedog2332" <arvent@...> wrote:

                      > Came across this on You Tube
                      >
                      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWqcp4v78U8
                      > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWqcp4v78U8>
                      >
                      > Nels

                    • Dave Gentry
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 15, 2013
                        Thanks for posting - always been interested in seeing more of this design.