Re: DOUBLE EAGLE

  • timothy@ennui.net
    Message 1 of 36 , Dec 1, 2001
      I don't think PB&F has made such a design, so you would have to
      commission him to do it. Send them a letter and ask. Or a FAX.
      They're very good about replying to questions.

      You could also do a JARCAT, which is a plywood cruiser designed by an
      Aussie:

      http://members.ozemail.com.au/~rhturner/cc29.html

      Looks quite nice, and well proven design as well. A number have been
      built. This fellow seems to have a similiar sort of 'practical over
      silliness' design approach as does Phil.

      The CC29, by the way, has plenty of accomadation. I was, in fact,
      considering this design very seriously until we decided on a Bolger
      monohull design that fit our needs much better, wanting to do canal
      and river cruising as well as open ocean, and to be able to 'med
      moor' if we needed to. A cat would be too wide for much of that.

      --- In bolger@y..., pvanderw@o... wrote:

      > Sort of a Double Hawk? I have not heard of one. Catamarans do not
      > scale as well as monohulls, and 30' is pretty small for a cat to
      have
      > much accomodation.
      >
      > PHV
      > --- In bolger@y..., JohnSpoering@a... wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi All -
      > > If you love and understand Bolger's designs you love
      > his Double
      > > Eagle. But 40' is an awful lot of boat to build for a couple
      > interested in
      > > coastal cruising up and down the east coast and Gulf of Mexico.
      > Does anyone
      > > know - has there been any effort done yet to do a Double Eagle in
      > the 28' to
      > > 30' range ?
      > >
      > > Aloha - Jack Spoering - Ft Lauderdale,
      Fl

    • Dave Big Tiddles
      Message 36 of 36 , Dec 15, 2007
        Hi mark........... Yeah, we know Rory, who built 'cookie' & subsequently sailed her around the world........ He completed his circumnavigation at the same Wharram meeting we attended, having sailed from the Caribbean........... we didn't get the trophy for 'greatest distance sailed'...... he did!
        Big Tiddles & Cookie are the same concept, originating from discussions in SW England in 1990-92 there's one other 'sister-ship' out there someplace......... another Tiki21-derivative called 'Chiquita', built by another mate......... so that's one 32footer & two 21footers.
        regards, Dave.

        mark hamill <mhamill1@...> wrote:
        Hi: The name of the Tiki 21 that sailed around the world was "Cookie"
        and the circumnavigation was chronicled in the PCA magazine "Sea
        People"

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "bigtiddles69" <bigtiddles69@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Brian......... I see this is a pretty old post, but if you're
        > still interested, i'm the original owner & co-builder of BIG TIDDLES
        > .... she's 32feet, & we lived on her for 12 years or so, covering
        > 40,000 miles or so, & 4 Atlantic crossings.......... get in touch,
        if
        > you want any more info....... always happy to yarn about boats!
        > Cheers... Dave.
        >
        > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Vickers" <Brianv@> wrote:
        > >
        > > The Tiki 21 that circumnavigated was call "Cooking Fat", Cookie
        for
        > short
        > >
        > > Big Tiddles is a Tiki 26 (I think)

        PCA
        > group
        > > >
        > > > http://www.pca-
        > seapeople.org/pca/index.html
        > > >
        > > > And yes a Wharram "Tiki 21" has sailed around the
        > world. I
        > > > believe she was called "BIG TIDDLIES".
        > > >
        > > > Aloha - Jack
        Spoering -