Re: Anhinga

  • Mark Albanese
    Message 1 of 147 , Dec 1, 2001
      SOW'S EAR, CUDDY POWERBOAT, 15,5' X 6', 600 POUNDS EMPTY

      Take a look at this at JM's new index,
      http://homepages.apci.net/~michalak/#Sow's Ear
      Message 147 of 147 , Oct 11, 2009
        On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 6:53 PM, nonews35 <nonews35@...> wrote:

        > Have any Ahingas been built except the Sandy Bottoms one? Is the hull the same as BirdWatcher of is it slab sided? I'm looking to go with something like that or maybe a Martha Jane.
        >
        > Also, I like the idea of a lateen rig also like Zephyr so you can tow the boat to the nearby launch ramp fully rigged it the mast is short enough. Any ideas? I think you could make the mast 11' long and still be OK most places. The Zephyr mast is only 9' the Martha Janes is a bit too high.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Jeff

        The Sandy Bottoms is the only Anhinga built that I have heard about.
        The Anhinga is a remarkable design in that it is a spare, simple,
        'big' boat. I think it might make sense if what you want is a very
        easily achieved (quick build) trailerable 'oar power auxillary' camp
        cruiser.