Summer Ease

  • Mark Albanese
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 26, 2001
      Clyde,
      The boat was featured in MAIB 4/1/99. Bob Hicks sometimes
      has the old issues, sometimes not, and responding to a
      request may be more trouble than its worth to him. If you
      can help, my thanks.
      Mark

      "Clyde S. Wisner" wrote:

      > I'll try to get a scan and send to someone knowledgable in
      > Yahoo, Maybe COD would do it for me. Clyde
    • Clyde S. Wisner
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 1, 2001
        I have a scanable sized drawing but I'm still looking for it. I know I can do something because I
        bought the plans. Clyde

        Mark Albanese wrote:

        > Clyde,
        > The boat was featured in MAIB 4/1/99. Bob Hicks sometimes
        > has the old issues, sometimes not, and responding to a
        > request may be more trouble than its worth to him. If you
        > can help, my thanks.
        > Mark
        >

        > "Clyde S. Wisner" wrote:
        > >
        > > I'll try to get a scan and send to someone knowledgable in
        > > Yahoo, Maybe COD would do it for me. Clyde

      • Roger Vaillancourt
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 2, 2001
          Since I had the MAIB issue in hand and a scanner available, I've
          uploaded low-res images of Summer Ease to the files of bolger2. It's
          one of my personal favorites, so I'm happy to help others see this
          beaty. As always, beware of word wrap:

          Roger

          --- In bolger@y..., "Clyde S. Wisner" <clydewis@c...> wrote:
          > I have a scanable sized drawing but I'm still looking for it. I
          know I can do something because I
          > bought the plans. Clyde
          >
          > Mark Albanese wrote:
          >
          > > Clyde,
          > > The boat was featured in MAIB 4/1/99. Bob Hicks sometimes
          > > has the old issues, sometimes not, and responding to a
          > > request may be more trouble than its worth to him. If you
          > > can help, my thanks.
          > > Mark
          > >

          > > "Clyde S. Wisner" wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I'll try to get a scan and send to someone knowledgable in
          > > > Yahoo, Maybe COD would do it for me. Clyde
          > >

          > > Bolger rules!!!
          > > - no cursing, flaming, trolling, spamming, or flogging dead horses
          > > - pls take "personals" off-list, stay on topic, and punctuate
          > > - add your comments at the TOP and SIGN your posts, snip all you
          like
          > > - To order plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209,
          Gloucester, MA, 01930, Fax: (978) 282-1349

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • vcgraphics@theriver.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 2, 2001
            Oh Roger, what have you done to me! Now I'm in love again. And
            my Micro/Chebacco indecision is now triangular.

            Vance

            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 2, 2001
              Roger,

              Thanks to both you and Clyde for the effort to post these drawings.
              It looks a thoroughbred to me.

              The sections seem to go from flat to vee'd to rounded at the
              bow. Is it worked out to use projected panels, or a more
              traditional set-up job?

              Mark

              Roger Vaillancourt wrote:

              snip
              > I've uploaded low-res images of Summer Ease to the files of
              > bolger2. It's
              > one of my personal favorites, so I'm happy to help others
              > see this beauty.
            • Clyde S. Wisner
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 3, 2001
                Thanks for posting, I'm just not home enough now to search for drawing. My intro to Summer Ease came
                from asking(fax) PCB about a sail on my Lily, tilt the umbrella forward in a tail wind and keep motor
                running for steering; and then enlarging it in a new boat. You can see the evolution at
                www.carr.org/~clydewis, his answer was Summer Ease. One of the 1st Bolger plans I've left on the
                coffee table which did not get the "what an ugly boat" comment. As I mentioned earlier, the little
                Freedom 21 came along but I haven't had time to really sail much. Clyde

                Roger Vaillancourt wrote:

                > Since I had the MAIB issue in hand and a scanner available, I've
                > uploaded low-res images of Summer Ease to the files of bolger2. It's
                > one of my personal favorites, so I'm happy to help others see this
                > beaty. As always, beware of word wrap:
                >
                > Roger
                >
                > --- In bolger@y..., "Clyde S. Wisner" <clydewis@c...> wrote:
                > > I have a scanable sized drawing but I'm still looking for it. I
                > know I can do something because I
                > > bought the plans. Clyde
                > >
                > > Mark Albanese wrote:
                > >
                > > > Clyde,
                > > > The boat was featured in MAIB 4/1/99. Bob Hicks sometimes
                > > > has the old issues, sometimes not, and responding to a
                > > > request may be more trouble than its worth to him. If you
                > > > can help, my thanks.
                > > > Mark

                > > > Bolger rules!!!
                > > > - no cursing, flaming, trolling, spamming, or flogging dead horses
                > > > - pls take "personals" off-list, stay on topic, and punctuate
                > > > - add your comments at the TOP and SIGN your posts, snip all you
                > like
                > > > - To order plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209,
                > Gloucester, MA, 01930, Fax: (978) 282-1349
                > > > - Unsubscribe: bolger-unsubscribe@y...
                > > >
                > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • Nels
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 28, 2006
                  Jon,

                  SUMMEREASE is a beautiful looking hull. How is the rounded bottom
                  sheathed? Strip-planked or bent ply?

                  Thanks,

                  Nels
                • adventures_in_astrophotography
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 29, 2006
                    Hi Nels,

                    > SUMMEREASE is a beautiful looking hull. How is the rounded bottom
                    > sheathed? Strip-planked or bent ply?

                    The building key calls for the bottom to be laminated from two layers
                    of 1/4" ply. I suspect that the forward sections will be tough to
                    twist in, but I've never built one with that much twist.

                    Jon Kolb
                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 29, 2006
                      > of 1/4" ply. I suspect that the forward sections will be tough to
                      > twist in, but I've never built one with that much twist.

                      Topaz gets twist like that, and I found it not too hard. It took a
                      couple of days of 'spare time' evening hours to get the edges fit up
                      anyway, with wipe down soakings with a wet rag, and patience, 1/4"
                      plywood can bend a lot!

                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/hallman/104892502/
                    • prairiedog2332
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 14, 2013
                        Came across this on You Tube

                        Nels
                      • pindimarmicro
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 15, 2013
                          That's a nice boat, although that mainmast looks mighty heavy!

                          Greg

                          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "prairiedog2332" <arvent@...> wrote:

                          > Came across this on You Tube
                          >
                          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWqcp4v78U8
                          > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWqcp4v78U8>
                          >
                          > Nels

                        • Dave Gentry
                          Message 12 of 12 , Aug 15, 2013
                            Thanks for posting - always been interested in seeing more of this design.