[bolger] Nasty skin itch prevention

  • Robert August
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2000
      Back toward the end of my college career I went out with a woman who's
      father was one of the first insulation contractors around Seattle (WA) (he
      started way back in the 60's)... One of his tricks to avoiding the nasty
      glass fiber itch was to start the shower COLD so that the fibers would be
      rinsed away... the theory being that a hot shower would open one's pores and
      the glass would work it's way in to stay a while. Since my initial trial of
      this cold shower treatment (mostly after insulating structures... in the
      summer... really hot and .... ya get the picture....) i swear by it. Two
      more points... 1)yes i was dating his daughter but the heat can be turned
      up after the initial rinse. 2) This foresighted man had to give up his
      trade due to a gross case of "grey lung" having inhaled too many glass
      fibers over the years... protect yourselves.

      Rob August of the Soggy Northwest

      reduce,reuse,recycle,preserve