[bolger] Re: America'a Cup On ESPN

  • John Bell
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 4, 2000
      > > Bolgeristas,
      > >
      > > Have any of you been watching the Luis Vuitton match races leading up to
      the
      > > America's Cup in March? ESPN2 has fantastic coverage of these races on
      late
      > > night tv (12:30 am EST).
      > >
      > > I'm amazed. Their program looks almost as good as the movie Wind. They
      have
      > > on boat cameras and sound, a view from air and from other boats. These
      boats
      > > are a far cry from our much simpler vessels, but I bet the action is
      similar
      > > on the Light Schooner when racing.
      > >
      > > Mike Masten
      >

      > My wife this morning has given me a ticket on a charter boat for the
      > final race day.............yahoooooo!!!!!!!!!
      >
      > Don

      Boy, am I ever jealous! I'm totally fascinated by the AC, and have been
      since I was 6 and read about "Intrepid"'s 67 and 70 defenses. I'd love to
      witness it on the water just once. Have fun!

      Here in the US coverage has been pretty limited up to now. I've been taping
      the coverage nightly as well as following the races on the LV cup website.
      The AC has lots of flaws, but it is good high drama for us nautically
      afflicted types.
    • Robert N. Lundy
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2000
        The VCR is set every night. This is the best america's cup since '87.

        Robert & Amy Lundy
        St. Petersburg, fla.
        robert@...
        amy@...

      • HenryClann@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 4, 2000
          In a message dated 01/04/2000 3:18:56 PM Central Standard Time,
          oink@... writes:

          << My wife this morning has given me a ticket on a charter boat for the
          final race day.............yahoooooo!!!!!!!!! >>

          Treat that woman like the class act she is!!!!!!!!!!!
          Lucky you...
          larry henry
          Palm Bay, Florida
          http://hometown.aol.com/henryclann/Boats/amatureboats.index.htm
          Remember; the Titanic was built by the professionals, but Noah's Ark by
          amatuers!
        • oink@paradise.net.nz
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 4, 2000
            From: HenryClann@...
            Date sent: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 18:23:25 EST
            To: bolger@egroups.com
            Send reply to: bolger@egroups.com
            Subject: [bolger] Re: America'a Cup On ESPN

            > In a message dated 01/04/2000 3:18:56 PM Central Standard Time,
            > oink@... writes:
            >
            > << My wife this morning has given me a ticket on a charter boat for the
            > final race day.............yahoooooo!!!!!!!!! >>
            >
            > Treat that woman like the class act she is!!!!!!!!!!!
            > Lucky you...
            > larry henry
            > Palm Bay, Florida
            > http://hometown.aol.com/henryclann/Boats/amatureboats.index.htm
            > Remember; the Titanic was built by the professionals, but Noah's Ark by
            > amatuers!

            Thanks Larry.

            Then again, she's Australian.........I'm a slow NZ'r.......what's her
            angle in this!

            Don