[bolger] Re: boatbuilder magazine

  • Donald Hodges
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 4, 2000
      I agree, except that I would not substitute MAIB for Boatbuilder, you need
      both! I have subscribed to them all at one time or another (Sailing,
      Cruising World, Multihulls (marginally still a keeper), Woodenboat, Coastal
      Cruising) and the only ones I renew now are MAIB and Boatbuilder, although I
      usually buy Woodenboat at the stands. I think Boatbuilder has a legitimate
      niche just upscale from the vanity pieces and public-domain reprints in
      MAIB. It's the last print refuge of the few designers and suppliers trying
      to make a buck catering to the homebuilt market.

      Don Hodges
      dhodges@...
      http://www.ecoastlife.com
      Your Cyber-Vacation - Loafing on the Emerald Coast
      Small Boats, Building, Fishing, Paddling, Rowing, Sailing

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2000
        I enjoy it and find it a good learning source. It doesn't come out often so
        it is always a pleasant supprise when it finds its way to the mailbox. Clyde

      • Davthzlt@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 4, 2000
          its a pretty good mag it taught me alot about lofting a article they had a
          couple of months ago D.W.Johnson