[bolger] America'a Cup On ESPN

  • Teakdeck@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 4, 2000
      Bolgeristas,

      Have any of you been watching the Luis Vuitton match races leading up to the
      America's Cup in March? ESPN2 has fantastic coverage of these races on late
      night tv (12:30 am EST).

      I'm amazed. Their program looks almost as good as the movie Wind. They have
      on boat cameras and sound, a view from air and from other boats. These boats
      are a far cry from our much simpler vessels, but I bet the action is similar
      on the Light Schooner when racing.

      Mike Masten
    • oink@paradise.net.nz
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2000
        From: Teakdeck@...
        Date sent: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 09:42:38 EST
        To: bolger@egroups.com
        Send reply to: bolger@egroups.com
        Subject: [bolger] America'a Cup On ESPN

        > Bolgeristas,
        >
        > Have any of you been watching the Luis Vuitton match races leading up to the
        > America's Cup in March? ESPN2 has fantastic coverage of these races on late
        > night tv (12:30 am EST).
        >
        > I'm amazed. Their program looks almost as good as the movie Wind. They have
        > on boat cameras and sound, a view from air and from other boats. These boats
        > are a far cry from our much simpler vessels, but I bet the action is similar
        > on the Light Schooner when racing.
        >
        > Mike Masten

        My wife this morning has given me a ticket on a charter boat for the
        final race day.............yahoooooo!!!!!!!!!

        Don
      • John Bell
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 4, 2000
          > > Bolgeristas,
          > >
          > > Have any of you been watching the Luis Vuitton match races leading up to
          the
          > > America's Cup in March? ESPN2 has fantastic coverage of these races on
          late
          > > night tv (12:30 am EST).
          > >
          > > I'm amazed. Their program looks almost as good as the movie Wind. They
          have
          > > on boat cameras and sound, a view from air and from other boats. These
          boats
          > > are a far cry from our much simpler vessels, but I bet the action is
          similar
          > > on the Light Schooner when racing.
          > >
          > > Mike Masten
          >

          > My wife this morning has given me a ticket on a charter boat for the
          > final race day.............yahoooooo!!!!!!!!!
          >
          > Don

          Boy, am I ever jealous! I'm totally fascinated by the AC, and have been
          since I was 6 and read about "Intrepid"'s 67 and 70 defenses. I'd love to
          witness it on the water just once. Have fun!

          Here in the US coverage has been pretty limited up to now. I've been taping
          the coverage nightly as well as following the races on the LV cup website.
          The AC has lots of flaws, but it is good high drama for us nautically
          afflicted types.
        • Robert N. Lundy
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 4, 2000
            The VCR is set every night. This is the best america's cup since '87.

            Robert & Amy Lundy
            St. Petersburg, fla.
            robert@...
            amy@...

          • HenryClann@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 4, 2000
              In a message dated 01/04/2000 3:18:56 PM Central Standard Time,
              oink@... writes:

              << My wife this morning has given me a ticket on a charter boat for the
              final race day.............yahoooooo!!!!!!!!! >>

              Treat that woman like the class act she is!!!!!!!!!!!
              Lucky you...
              larry henry
              Palm Bay, Florida
              http://hometown.aol.com/henryclann/Boats/amatureboats.index.htm
              Remember; the Titanic was built by the professionals, but Noah's Ark by
              amatuers!
            • oink@paradise.net.nz
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 4, 2000
                From: HenryClann@...
                Date sent: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 18:23:25 EST
                To: bolger@egroups.com
                Send reply to: bolger@egroups.com
                Subject: [bolger] Re: America'a Cup On ESPN

                > In a message dated 01/04/2000 3:18:56 PM Central Standard Time,
                > oink@... writes:
                >
                > << My wife this morning has given me a ticket on a charter boat for the
                > final race day.............yahoooooo!!!!!!!!! >>
                >
                > Treat that woman like the class act she is!!!!!!!!!!!
                > Lucky you...
                > larry henry
                > Palm Bay, Florida
                > http://hometown.aol.com/henryclann/Boats/amatureboats.index.htm
                > Remember; the Titanic was built by the professionals, but Noah's Ark by
                > amatuers!

                Thanks Larry.

                Then again, she's Australian.........I'm a slow NZ'r.......what's her
                angle in this!

                Don