[bolger] ...one day

  • Francisco Ramírez
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 1999
      FBBB...OD
      (Fellow Bolger Boat Builder... one day)

      If you have good memory, maybe you remember my message dated december
      the 20th, in wich i asked about boabuilding with kids. I was surprised
      with so many answers, and with so big "common sense". Thank you all for
      the answers.

      In fact, I was thinking in waiting until my son's 9th birthday or so to
      get involved in such a project, but now I know "we" can start a little
      earlier... with all the cautions, of course (I thank especially your
      experienced point of view, Warren).

      In the meanwhile, I have to study the Micro plans to know if she is "my
      boat", I have to check the different techniques, find suppliers, and
      above all, I have to learn a lot from you. So I have no time to lose!!!

      On the other hand, I'm happy to know that I have a colleague (piano
      tuner) in the list. Bill, I'm not related with the famous Ramírez guitar
      maker, in fact I'm not Spanish (my grandfather was), I was born
      Athlantic (l=38ºS) in Argentina, but I have inherited the Italian
      nationality from my mother.

      I have some questions for the european builders. Do you have any
      troubles with the European burocracy? I know laws are here now more
      complicated than before, I read often about problems in that sense in
      Classic Boat magazine, and I know that many boats can't be built because
      of "security considerations".

      Do you have to "rent" an inspector to control the building process? Any
      troubles with the self made trailers?

      Fritz, your boatbuilder-friend Javier contacted me, and we will talk
      after holydays. (He's living 50 miles away from here). Thank you for the
      contact.

      YIBB...OD
      (Yours in Boat Building... one day)