Sewing sails

  • Orr, Jamie
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2001
      I just finished sewing the panels together on a sail for an elegant punt
      (generic "instant boat" sail). I used 27" panels so I had 6 seams
      altogether. The sail is bright orange, while the thread is a startling
      white -- it's just amazing how much this contrast helped my concentration!
      I mentioned in the recent sewing machine thread (there ought to be a bad
      joke in there somewhere) that my machine has a hair trigger -- I'm pleased
      to say we've come to terms and it behaved very well on this job.

      Quitting for the day while I'm still ahead,

      Jamie Orr