Re: [bolger] shorter "Sneakeasy" kinda boat

  • John Bell
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 3, 2001
      This group does not allow binary attachments. I would suggest you post it in
      the "Photos" section of this group.

      JB

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 3, 2001

        Ken Abrahams wrote:

        > Check out the 'Lake Launch' by Bolger in the June 15, 1995
        > issue of MAIB.
        > It is a 15' 6" x 4' 1" skiff with a slipper stern like the
        > Sneakeasy. Could be modified to add a fwd. deck. Takes 6
        > hp.
        > Looks like an easy project.
        > Ken

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Bolger rules!!!

      • Mark Albanese
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 4, 2001
          Thanks to you both for showing this.

          Reading through the April posts on this topic, was fun. The
          ideas for a sectioned boat from Max, part on trailer / part
          on roof; and GHC's note that his full sized boat went 9
          knots on only 5hp were especially interesting.
          The Lake Launch certainly makes the shorter boat workable.
          Perfect for Don's brother.

          Philip Bolger wrote in 30 0dd Boats:
          > As a final fillip, both hydrodynamic and stylistic, I suggested the beavertail with knife edge at the bottom to vent the wake cleanly. Ettore Bugatti retorted, when somebody complained about his brakes, that he built cars to go not stop. Firebrand is not designed to back up!

          Two related questions:

          I guess these extensions aft the real transom must help at
          high speed to leverage the bow down. Is there much advantage
          in the 6 or 8 knot range over a conventionally turned up bottom?

          What happens to the beavertail at lower speeds in a
          following sea or dirty motorboat wake?

          Mark

          Chuck Leinweber wrote:

          > Ken sent me a scan of this nifty little boat. I posted it
          > for all to see:
          > http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/designs/LakeLaunch.gif

        • Chuck Leinweber
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 5, 2001