Re: [bolger] What is that...?

  • Clyde S. Wisner
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 2, 2001
      It probably also secures the end of the bow sprit on the pictured boat. Clyde

    • djost@ma.ultranet.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 2, 2001
        In 50 Wooden Boats there is a good picture of the lines to the boat.
        It shows the jib as being self-tacking. That would solve the problem
        of the post catching the sheets during a tack. I will need to dig
        the book out this evening and see if it indeed is used to secure the
        bow sprit. The sprit is usually bolted down through the deck and
        then the forestay controls movement down, and a short stay from the
        bow to the sprit controls the movement up.

        Food for thought, How can I place a self-launching pole for an
        assymeterical spinnaker on my Micro. That would certainly pick her
        up in the light stuff!

        David Jost

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/