Re: [bolger] Re: Stability

  • wmrpage@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 1, 2001
      In a message dated 11/1/01 7:51:39 PM Central Standard Time,
      pateson@... writes:

      > Like a bat, till it came time to turn.
      > Motor turned, boat turned, but course remained the same.

      I take it from your survival that you didn't "trip" and roll while
      trying to turn the boat. I'm curious as to why not. Good sense?

      Does anyone have any idea what the concept or execution was behing the
      "anti-trip" chines on Hickman sea-sleds? Bolger is on record that he thinks
      Hickman squandered his talents with his concentration on this type. Hickman's
      "sea-sleds" were anything but flat-bottomed, at least in their mature
      configuration, but remarks in the literature suggest that they might have had
      an unfortunate tendency to "trip" without the prophylatic chines.

      Bill in MN