RE: [bolger] Re: What is that...?

  • Bill Kreamer
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2001
      To unsubscribe, scroll down and see the instructions at the bottom of
      the list...

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2001
        John, if you'd like just stop the Email messages without completely
        unsubscribing, click on "Edit My Membership", on the right side of
        the "bolger - Phil Bolger's Boats" title bar above. Then under
        the "Message Delivery" section select the "No Email" button, and then
        the "Save Changes" button at the bottom. That should do it.
        -- johannes

        --- In bolger@y..., John Brown <falldown.brown@h...> wrote:
        > How do I get off this list?
        >
        > All I did was check out this site and now I'm getting e mail I don't
        > want.
        >
        > Thank You...
        >
        > djost@m... wrote:
        > >
        > > We call it a mooring bit. It is easier to deal with than a cleat,
        > > and much sturdier. It will still catch the sheets in a tack, but
        it
        > > is simple to wrap a couple of quick loops around it when docking
        or
        > > anchoring.
        > >
        > > The boat looks like "Annie" featured in Wooden Boats "50 Boats" I
        > > saw one just like her in Arundel (next to Kennebunkport) ME a few
        > > years ago, she was strip planked and finished clear. this is a
        > > stunning boat! the one being built looks excellent as well, I
        wish I
        > > had the cash.
        > >
        > > David Jost
        > > "Happy Halloween"
        > >
        > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        > >

        > > Enter Your Email:
        > >

        > > US/Canada Only membership
        > > agreement privacy policy
        > >

        > > Bolger rules!!!
        > > - no cursing, flaming, trolling, spamming, or flogging dead horses
        > > - pls take "personals" off-list, stay on topic, and punctuate
        > > - add your comments at the TOP and SIGN your posts, snip all you
        like
        > > - To order plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209,
        Gloucester, MA,
        > > 01930, Fax: (978) 282-1349
        > > - Unsubscribe: bolger-unsubscribe@y...

        Service.
      • Clyde S. Wisner
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 2, 2001
          It probably also secures the end of the bow sprit on the pictured boat. Clyde

        • djost@ma.ultranet.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 2, 2001
            In 50 Wooden Boats there is a good picture of the lines to the boat.
            It shows the jib as being self-tacking. That would solve the problem
            of the post catching the sheets during a tack. I will need to dig
            the book out this evening and see if it indeed is used to secure the
            bow sprit. The sprit is usually bolted down through the deck and
            then the forestay controls movement down, and a short stay from the
            bow to the sprit controls the movement up.

            Food for thought, How can I place a self-launching pole for an
            assymeterical spinnaker on my Micro. That would certainly pick her
            up in the light stuff!

            David Jost