[bolger] Re: Jochems Exposition.

  • Jack Bearden
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 1999
      Thanx to Bill, Bjorn, and Richard for the multi-dimisional perspective on
      the WDJ schooner. Bill, your excellent prose on Sapphire's performance are
      inspiring and reasuring. Though the Bay of Fundy is certainly very
      different from Lake Mead, I'm convinced the design will adapt well to the
      environment. Richard and Bjorn, I appreciate your sharing your inventory
      assessments of material and cost. I'm still agonizing over plywood options.
      I've even toyed with the idea of using double layers of u-lay or Louanne.
      Richard, I'm making two assumptions on your cost estimates, the second the
      more frightening of the two. #1 I assume you are costing based on marine
      ply prices? #2 (shudder) I also assume you are estimating based on US$?
      You'd think that a place as definitively maritime as Nova Scotia would
      offer more options (and compitition) on marine building supplies. It's
      really a quest of Holy Grail proportions.

      Only slightly off topic, does anyone out there have eperience with CPES?
      Some folks on the WB forum swear by it. Dr. Rot obviously promotes it as
      something only fools would do with out. At the same time several highly
      professional boat builders I've checked with have never heard of it. My
      interest is also obvious. Can it really turn cheap plywood into... well,
      something less cheap?

      Jack E. Bearden
      On the Fundy Shore, NS