Re: [bolger] Re: A gaff rig for Windsprint?

  • teakdeck@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 29, 2001
      My Windsprint is decked over and the flotation is in both the bow and stern
      of the boat. I thought if the boat ever went over, it would float on its
      side. Instead, it filled up with water then easily rolled over. It was not
      hard to get it back upright and then bail it out. Out in the open water I
      think I would have been in trouble.

      Mike Masten

      In a message dated 10/29/01 5:00:43 AM Pacific Standard Time,
      clydewis@... writes:

      << I wonder if the position or placement of the floatation is what did it?
      Would the largest volumn of
      floatation be higher in the water with the boat right side up or turned
      over, once it was full of
      water. I have wondered about this as I filled the huge volumns in the bow
      and stern of my Lily, with
      foam but I also have 300+ lbs of battery ballast. Clyde