Re: Michalak on flat bottomed boats

  • cadbury@swbell.net
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 27, 2001
      > I enjoy the flat bottom boats... I like the form over weight for
      > stability, and they just look so damn sexy up on the beach.
      >
      > I'm looking for a flat bottom sharpie under 350lbs. 15, 16 feet
      with
      > a cuddy to sleep 2, that will stand up 2 to 4 foot chop pounding all
      > day long time and time again. I was looking at the af3 and the
      cythia
      > j. Any suggestions would be most appreciative.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Todd

      If you genuinely wish to cruise in a genuine "2 to
      4 foot chop" you are going to need LOTS more boat than a
      16 ft Sharpie.

      I have a set of AF3 plans, and squeezing two people
      into that cuddy won't be pretty. I think the CJ has a little
      more room due to increased beam, but not much more.

      And, although I like the looks of these boats a lot, I
      have seen a lot of "hulls" lying on the beach that I would
      consider sexier.

      Max