RE: [bolger] Re: Sharpie Cruisers

  • Chuck Leinweber
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 3, 2001
      Bruce:

      I can only tell you about the Tennessee, since I built one. It will cruise
      at 10 knots, but likes 7 better, and is much more economical there. This is
      with a Honda 9.9 which got around 15 mpg at the lower speed. Unfortunately,
      the Tennessee does not come close to meeting your wish list. It has no
      standing headroom as designed, never mind a flying bridge.

      I think it would be possible to have a scaled up version in the 40 ft range
      that would meet your requirements. I guess the Dakota would be the closest
      to that. It is a nice looking boat. Vince Chew of this group is building
      one.

      The Champlain and the Topaz are somewhat more complicated in hull shape,
      thus not so easy to build. I am still amazed at the way that rockered
      Tennessee hull slipped through the water at full speed (14 mph) with almost
      no wake.

      Have you looked at Mark Abbema's sharpie?:

      http://markvdesigns.tripod.com/boatbuilding/

      Chuck