Teal Help

  • Todd
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2001
      How deep is the Teal and how much flare does it have?

      Tring to decide whether to build the teal or the Mayfly 12.

      Todd
    • cha62759@traverse.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2001
        Hi Todd
        The center frame is dimensioned as follows: top to bottom 1' 3 5/8",
        gunnel to centerline 1' 8 6/8", chine to centerline 1' 5 2/8". These
        dimensions are inside of planking.
        Bob Chamberland

      • kwilson800@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 2001
          Look on Dynamite Payson's web site for lots of information about the
          Teal; see: http://www.instantboats.com/teal.htm

          --- In bolger@y..., "Todd" <bitme1234@y...> wrote:
          > How deep is the Teal and how much flare does it have?
        • Chris Crandall
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 3, 2001
            On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Todd wrote:
            > How deep is the Teal and how much flare does it have?

            It draws a couple of inches, and this changes a lot if you're heeled,
            whether or not you've got the daggerboard (aoubt 14 inches then, I think),
            and how loaded you are. It's a small boat.

            Flare is a constant 13 degrees, I think.

            > Tring to decide whether to build the teal or the Mayfly 12.
            >
            > Todd

            Chris Crandall crandall@... (785) 864-4131
            Department of Psychology University of Kansas Lawrence, KS 66045
            I have data convincingly disconfirming the Duhem-Quine hypothesis.