Re: [bolger] from NPR.com 10/2/01 "Lost Rower"

  • John Bell
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2001
      Good to hear from you again, Chris!

      The boat is probably "Cruising Rowboat" in BWAOM.

      Sad. Let's keep him in our prayers.

      JB in Kennesaw.

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 3, 2001
        The following article has a picture of the boat, which does look like
        the Cruising Rowboat:

        http://www.oceanrowing.com/NenadBelic/capecodchronicle.htm

        Regards

        Andy Farquhar

      • pongo19050@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 4, 2001
          Phil Bolger & Friends has posted a message on the WoodenBoat forum
          concerning this incident at:

          http://media5.hypernet.com/~dick/ubb/Forum5/HTML/002886.html

          Regards

          Andy Farquhar
        • lukecurran@hotmail.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 4, 2001
            I can't find a reference on the website but there was a report on
            television tonight that the son was in Ireland and so far has spent
            £30,000 on on-going search flights in a square pattern about 150
            miles out in the Atlantic. They are hoping that the fact that no
            debris has been found is a good sign.

            --- In bolger@y..., pongo19050@y... wrote:
            > Phil Bolger & Friends has posted a message on the WoodenBoat forum
            > concerning this incident at:
            >
            > http://media5.hypernet.com/~dick/ubb/Forum5/HTML/002886.html
            >
            > Regards
            >
            > Andy Farquhar
          • David Ryan
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 4, 2001
              >Phil Bolger & Friends has posted a message on the WoodenBoat forum
              >concerning this incident at:
              >
              >http://media5.hypernet.com/~dick/ubb/Forum5/HTML/002886.html

              I was watching this storm because it was our first "Winter" style
              wave maker of the season. I distinctly recall looking at the wave
              forecast on the FNMOC site and marveling at the intensity the storm
              achieved on the eastern side of the Atlantic.

              Having grown up with the blue corduroy of the pacific, one of the
              most amazing aspects of the Atlantic off Ireland is how short the
              period can be on mountainous seas. I've seen 15 meter seas with 8-9
              second period. Check out "Ryan's Daughter" for big nasty grey lumps
              pounding on the shore of the Irish coast.

              Hopefully this guy's EPIRB got triggered by some freak wave and he's
              just dazed, grateful and rowing Eastward.

              YIBB,

              David

              C.E.P.
              134 West 26th St. 12th Floor