Re: Re: [bolger] Compund miter calcs

  • jmbell@mindspring.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2001
      This is what I wound up doing.

      The boat as designed is set up for strictly taped seams with no beveling necessary. The stem is to be held together with tie wraps or wires, then filleted and taped as you did on your boat and as I did on my sportdory. But I realized that it would be cheaper and faster to build with chine logs and solid timber stem and transom framing. It's all figured out now, although not committed to paper yet.

      Thanks for confirming that what I did was the 'right' way.

      JB

      bolger@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      > If you are drawing them, why do they need to be
      calculated?. You loft them full (or partial) size and
      pick them off the drawing.