Re: Redwood

  • tom
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2001
      I"ve used redwood for some floorboards, nice looking wood but it was too
      soft and easily crushed. Much of what you can buy now has much sapwood
      and big growth rings... even when epoxied if it gets dinged it makes big
      dents and the epoxy water barrier is ruined. I ended up grinding off
      the epoxy and finishing with pine tar and linseed oil and that has
      worked OK though I wouldn't use redwood again anyplace that gets a lot
      of wear.

      Tom K