Re: [bolger] Digest Number 677 - Museums (in NEW JERSEY)

  • Ron Magen
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2001
      What a bunch of elitist, museum snobs !!

      Dirk asked about '. . . around Princeton, NJ . . .', and you guys bounce
      him all over the place.

      Dirk, simply drive EAST until you get to the ocean. There are a couple
      of NEW or 'refurbished places similar to Mystic; in that they focus on
      local watercraft development. One, I believe, is in the Tom's River
      area, another on the Tuckahoe River.

      I can look them up for you, the info is somewhere in my files. I had
      fully intended to go to them this year, but with a 13-year old 'pup' our
      traveling has been stopped.

      In addition, just wondering around the shore's different localities can
      turn up amazing finds. For example I think there is still ONE BUILDER of
      wooden 'Jersey Skiffs' left on one of the 'barrier island' cities.

      Regards,
      Ron Magen - who was born and raised in Atlantic City . . . when there
      were REAL sand dunes.

      > Message: 4
      > Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 09:51:19 -0400
      > From: "Ray Worob" <rworob@...>
      > Subject: Re: Museums?
      >
      > Another option which I don't think was mentioned yet is the Chesapeake
      Bay
      > Maritime Museum in St. Michaels Maryland. However, this is probably
      about a
      > three plus hour drive for you. >

      > >From: "Dirk Leas" <dirkLeas@...>
      > >To: <openboat@yahoogroups.com>, <bolger@yahoogroups.com>
      > >Subject: [bolger] Museums?
      > >Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 08:48:01 -0400
      > >
      > >Recently relocated to the right coast and am looking for some good
      boat
      > >museums -- any recommendations around the Princeton, NJ area (e.g.
      w/n a