Re: [bolger] Museums?

  • Clyde S. Wisner
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2001
      Come right down the coast to the Eastern Shore of MD, to the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Mus. at St
      Michaels, just West of Easton. If you do it this weekend, you'll find the Mid Atlantic Small Craft
      Fest, which is quite a gathering. Clyde

    • tetherin@jersey.net
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 3, 2001
        Not quite a museum, but the AJ Meerwald might be interesting to
        you. It is a restored South Jersey oyster schooner that will take
        you for a sail. There used to be several hundred of these boats
        working the Delaware Bay before the oysters got sick. The Delaware
        Bay Schooner Project is working on establishing a museum to the Bay
        and the oystering industry. Prhaps you'd like to help? Check out
        http://www.ajmeerwald.org/.

        Tom Etherington
        Just starting to qualify as volunteer Meerwald crew.

      • pvanderw@optonline.net
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 4, 2001
          I just became aware of this one: The Long Island Maritime Museum.

          See http://www.limaritime.org/

          PHV