Re: [bolger] Digest Number 665 - Tarps vs Dave Gray

  • Ron Magen
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2001
      Thanks for the info.

      I'm looking for tarps not for sailmaking but for boat covers.

      I've gotten the 'silver' tarps from Harbor Freight and had good success
      (about a 2-3 year 'over winter' life) with them.

      However, this year I've had a 15 footer under cover since Fall of last
      year. The summer sun, plus the weight of the tarp itself, and the
      internal pressure from the 'ridge line' of the support has the top
      looking a bit ragged in spots. Looking for something either a bit more
      resistant to UV or at least cheaper if I have to go another summer.