Felucca

  • PseudoDion3@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 14, 2001
      Can anyone tell me anything about Bolger's Felucca?

      Thanks,

      Dennis Marshall
    • dbaldnz@yahoo.co.nz
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 14, 2001
        Hi Dennis, I assume you have seen the plans in Different Boats?
        Amazingly, I was measuring up a house a year ago, and sitting under a
        tree was a boat on a trailer which I recognised as Felucca. She was
        beautifully built, bright finished cold-moulded, but looking
        negelcted. It belonged to her friends boyfriend, and was there
        temporarily, so no-one to ask about it. Looked a lovely dayboat, but
        quite a major project to build...larger than it looks in the book.
        DonB

      • PseudoDion3@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 15, 2001
          Don, unfortunately, I have not seen the plans. "Different Boats" is
          the one Bolger text that I have not been able to find at garage
          sales/used book stores, etc., although my scrounging has been
          successful regarding his other books. I was hoping that someone had
          pics, or had built it and sailed it.

          Dennis Marshall

        • dbaldnz@yahoo.co.nz
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 15, 2001
            I will go back and have a look under the tree, and if she is there
            will take a photo.

          • pvanderw@optonline.net
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 15, 2001
              I put a couple of scans of the Felucca in the Photos section.

              After doing so, I notice that is apparently some way to order copies
              of things posted in photos. This seems to heighten the copyright
              consideration quite a bit. It would not be right for Yahoo to earn
              money on pics of Bolger & Co plans. So, I may take these pics down in
              a day or two after I think about it a little.

              Peter
            • Chris Lasdauskas
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 15, 2001
                Peter,
                and anyone else worried by this issue:

                If you are worried, just put the scans etc into 'files'; for things that
                are not a problem, like photos you own, put them in 'photos'. Perhaps we
                should move all the photos already in 'files' to the 'photos' area?

                Chris

                pvanderw@... wrote:

                > I put a couple of scans of the Felucca in the Photos section.
                >
                > After doing so, I notice that is apparently some way to order copies
                > of things posted in photos. This seems to heighten the copyright
                > consideration quite a bit. It would not be right for Yahoo to earn
                > money on pics of Bolger & Co plans. So, I may take these pics down in
                > a day or two after I think about it a little.
                >
                > Peter
              • stuartcnz
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 2, 2011
                  Does anyone know of any photo's of Bolger's Felucca on the web?

                  I thought that Bruce Hallman may have done up a freeship version, but can't find it if he did.

                  I would be very interested in seeing Felucca as a rowing only version.

                  Stuart.