Re: Chebacco LC started - progress report

  • richard@spellingbusiness.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2001
      No. I plan on giving them to Goodwill after I melt more lead and
      other poisons in them.

      --- In bolger@y..., pcencer@b... wrote:
      > Just curious... are you planning on destroying the pan so that it
      may
      > never be accidently or inadvertantly used by someone else for food?
      >
      > Paul
      >
      > --- In bolger@y..., richard@s... wrote:
      > > Started work on the centerboard for the LC this weekend. Used BC
      > pine
      > > for the board, because even if I used the MDO, where I faired it
      > > would have to glass anyway to prevent checking. And, wanted the
      > extra
      > > weight down low.
      > >
      > > BTW, a cast iron sause pan full of lead is HEAVY! Was taking
      > forever
      > > to melt with just the heat from the camp stove, however the
      propane
      > > torch played against the chunks of lead in the pan sped things up
      > > nicely.
      > >
      > > Faired the sides, beveled the trailing edge to 30 degrees, put
      > glass
      > > all around the edges of the board. Started the machine work on
      the
      > > UHMW bussing for the pivot on the board.
      > >
      > > Couple of friends donated some SS to the cause, so I have a nice
      > 3/4"
      > > 303 SS pivot pin for the centerboard.
    • Chris Crandall
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 5, 2001

        On Wed, 5 Sep 2001 richard@... wrote:
        > No. I plan on giving them to Goodwill after I melt more lead and
        > other poisons in them.

        Wow, Richard. That is seriously, eugenically, unfunny.
      • cadbury@swbell.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 5, 2001
          --- In bolger@y..., richard@s... wrote:
          > No. I plan on giving them to Goodwill after I melt more lead and
          > other poisons in them.

          That should "season" that 'ole cast iron well.

          Max
        • Bill Kreamer
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 5, 2001
            AFAIK, the lead won't diffuse into the iron. But you would have a hard
            time removing it from the suface, except by diligent scraping. Not
            something I'd use for food. -Bill K.
            > Just curious... are you planning on destroying the pan so that it
            > may never be accidently or inadvertantly used by someone else for
            food?

            On Wed, 5 Sep 2001 richard@... wrote:
            > No. I plan on giving them to Goodwill after I melt more lead and
            > other poisons in them.

            Wow, Richard. That is seriously, eugenically, unfunny.

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            You can, too! Start here...

            Height:
            345678 ft 01234567891011in