Re: See Bee Info Request

  • cha62759@traverse.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2001
      --- In bolger@y..., Stephen Kandul <Gronicle@c...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > A while back someone mentioned a Bolger design called a See Bee or
      Sea
      > Bee, I forget which. I am not familiar with the type and only found
      one
      > grainy small image on a web search for information. It looks a ten
      foot
      > version of a sort of sponson equipped skiff in the picture I found.
      >
      > Does anyone have any links to more and better images/lines plans,
      etc.
      > for this little boat?
      >
      > Regards, Bubba K.
      > From the Coastal Empire of Georgia

      Hi Stephen,
      If you can find the following issues of Messing About In Boats: Vol.9,
      No. 23 April 15, 1992 Mr Bolgers article about the then new
      Microtrawler has a picture of the half size prototype for testing the
      hull concept at speed. This is or is essentially the "Bee". Vol 12, No
      11, October 15, 1994 has a "What Are You Building" article by Steve
      Krzysko, of Salem Va. He has built the "Bee" and he made a lengthened
      version. Both are pictured in the article. Unfortunately the photos
      are not in color. Steve has appropriately painted them in bright Bee
      yellow with red stripe. "Bee" is around 7', Steve's lengthened version
      is 10'.
      Bob Chamberland
    • Bob Bagwill
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 20, 2001