See Bee Info Request

  • Stephen Kandul
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2001
      Hi,

      A while back someone mentioned a Bolger design called a See Bee or Sea
      Bee, I forget which. I am not familiar with the type and only found one
      grainy small image on a web search for information. It looks a ten foot
      version of a sort of sponson equipped skiff in the picture I found.

      Does anyone have any links to more and better images/lines plans, etc.
      for this little boat?

      Regards, Bubba K.
      From the Coastal Empire of Georgia
    • cha62759@traverse.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2001
        --- In bolger@y..., Stephen Kandul <Gronicle@c...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > A while back someone mentioned a Bolger design called a See Bee or
        Sea
        > Bee, I forget which. I am not familiar with the type and only found
        one
        > grainy small image on a web search for information. It looks a ten
        foot
        > version of a sort of sponson equipped skiff in the picture I found.
        >
        > Does anyone have any links to more and better images/lines plans,
        etc.
        > for this little boat?
        >
        > Regards, Bubba K.
        > From the Coastal Empire of Georgia

        Hi Stephen,
        If you can find the following issues of Messing About In Boats: Vol.9,
        No. 23 April 15, 1992 Mr Bolgers article about the then new
        Microtrawler has a picture of the half size prototype for testing the
        hull concept at speed. This is or is essentially the "Bee". Vol 12, No
        11, October 15, 1994 has a "What Are You Building" article by Steve
        Krzysko, of Salem Va. He has built the "Bee" and he made a lengthened
        version. Both are pictured in the article. Unfortunately the photos
        are not in color. Steve has appropriately painted them in bright Bee
        yellow with red stripe. "Bee" is around 7', Steve's lengthened version
        is 10'.
        Bob Chamberland
      • Bob Bagwill
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 20, 2001