Re: WaterVan

  • pvanderw@optonline.net
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 2, 2001
      > > Handling was better than expected,
      > > and the surprise factor for "standard" boaters on the lake was
      > > extremely high.

      Was that Hopatcong?

      I bet the surprise factor was off the meter. Your boat looks really,
      really great, so mega-congratulations to you and to Mr. Bolger. Truly
      one of the most mobile summer cottages ever seen.

      Peter
    • Pete Robinson
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 4, 2001
        > Results were pleasing, with speeds to 25 with (2) aboard, a new
        > motor, and the wrong size prop. Handling was better than expected,
        > and the surprise factor for "standard" boaters on the lake was
        > extremely high.
        >
        > Does anyone know of another WaterVan in the planning or
        construction
        > stage, or perhaps even a completed one?
        >
        > George Mindos & Stefan Gutermuth

        I'm seriously considering a Watervan, perhaps slightly modified. It
        is
        to be powered with two Yanmar D27 outboard diesels.

        I'd love to hear more detail about any deviation from the original
        design that you have made and what powers it currently.

        Great looking boat!!!

        Pete Robinson
        a3a16640@...
      • darus@visi.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 5, 2001
          > > > Handling was better than expected,
          > > > and the surprise factor for "standard" boaters on the lake was
          > > > extremely high.
          >

          > I bet the surprise factor was off the meter.

          I imagine so, considering that it looks for all the world as if someone
          drove their RV onto the water.

          > Your boat looks really,
          > really great, so mega-congratulations to you and to Mr. Bolger. Truly
          > one of the most mobile summer cottages ever seen.

          I wonder, would it be practical to leave the Watervan on the trailer
          and use it as a land based RV, also?
        • Wjbillgiles@hotmail.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 6, 2001
            It looks like it would work on land or water. Are the plans for the
            WaterVan available anywhere?

            --- In bolger@y..., <darus@v...> wrote:

            > > I bet the surprise factor was off the meter.
            >
            > I imagine so, considering that it looks for all the world as if
            someone
            > drove their RV onto the water.
            >
            > > Your boat looks really,
            > > really great, so mega-congratulations to you and to Mr. Bolger.
            Truly
            > > one of the most mobile summer cottages ever seen.
            >
            > I wonder, would it be practical to leave the Watervan on the trailer
            > and use it as a land based RV, also?
          • Hal Lynch
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 6, 2001
              >It looks like it would work on land or water. Are the plans for the
              >WaterVan available anywhere?

              Phil Bolger?!

              Could some kind soul refresh my memory as to the URL of the
              recently posted pictures of the Water Van.

              Thanks

              hal
            • Chuck Leinweber
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 6, 2001
                > Could some kind soul refresh my memory as to the URL of the
                > recently posted pictures of the Water Van.
                >
                > Thanks
                >
                > hal

                Hal, go to the Bolger2 photos section and click on 'bolger boats'

                You may have to join that group.

                Chuck