Re: WaterVan

  • king@classics.nu
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 2, 2001
      I would love to hear more about how the boat feels to you now. What
      do you like and what do you not like? How does it handle. Docking
      seems a problem to me given the enclosed nature of the boat. Don't
      the plans call for a fold down walkway along the outside?

      Looks good in the pictures!

      Bryan \
      Seattle

    • pvanderw@optonline.net
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 2, 2001
        > > Handling was better than expected,
        > > and the surprise factor for "standard" boaters on the lake was
        > > extremely high.

        Was that Hopatcong?

        I bet the surprise factor was off the meter. Your boat looks really,
        really great, so mega-congratulations to you and to Mr. Bolger. Truly
        one of the most mobile summer cottages ever seen.

        Peter
      • Pete Robinson
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 4, 2001
          > Results were pleasing, with speeds to 25 with (2) aboard, a new
          > motor, and the wrong size prop. Handling was better than expected,
          > and the surprise factor for "standard" boaters on the lake was
          > extremely high.
          >
          > Does anyone know of another WaterVan in the planning or
          construction
          > stage, or perhaps even a completed one?
          >
          > George Mindos & Stefan Gutermuth

          I'm seriously considering a Watervan, perhaps slightly modified. It
          is
          to be powered with two Yanmar D27 outboard diesels.

          I'd love to hear more detail about any deviation from the original
          design that you have made and what powers it currently.

          Great looking boat!!!

          Pete Robinson
          a3a16640@...
        • darus@visi.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 5, 2001
            > > > Handling was better than expected,
            > > > and the surprise factor for "standard" boaters on the lake was
            > > > extremely high.
            >

            > I bet the surprise factor was off the meter.

            I imagine so, considering that it looks for all the world as if someone
            drove their RV onto the water.

            > Your boat looks really,
            > really great, so mega-congratulations to you and to Mr. Bolger. Truly
            > one of the most mobile summer cottages ever seen.

            I wonder, would it be practical to leave the Watervan on the trailer
            and use it as a land based RV, also?
          • Wjbillgiles@hotmail.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 6, 2001
              It looks like it would work on land or water. Are the plans for the
              WaterVan available anywhere?

              --- In bolger@y..., <darus@v...> wrote:

              > > I bet the surprise factor was off the meter.
              >
              > I imagine so, considering that it looks for all the world as if
              someone
              > drove their RV onto the water.
              >
              > > Your boat looks really,
              > > really great, so mega-congratulations to you and to Mr. Bolger.
              Truly
              > > one of the most mobile summer cottages ever seen.
              >
              > I wonder, would it be practical to leave the Watervan on the trailer
              > and use it as a land based RV, also?
            • Hal Lynch
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 6, 2001
                >It looks like it would work on land or water. Are the plans for the
                >WaterVan available anywhere?

                Phil Bolger?!

                Could some kind soul refresh my memory as to the URL of the
                recently posted pictures of the Water Van.

                Thanks

                hal
              • Chuck Leinweber
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 6, 2001
                  > Could some kind soul refresh my memory as to the URL of the
                  > recently posted pictures of the Water Van.
                  >
                  > Thanks
                  >
                  > hal

                  Hal, go to the Bolger2 photos section and click on 'bolger boats'

                  You may have to join that group.

                  Chuck