Re: [bolger] Digest Number 642

  • tom
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2001
      > Hi guys. I seek your help. I had a Micro in my future for some
      > coastal cruising and a little off shore sailing. Then about three
      > weeks ago I discovered Paradox, a Matt Layden design 14'. I think I
      > have fallen in love the more I see of it. Not quite as much boat as
      > Micro, but I think it would fit my wife and I perfectly.

      > OK fellows. Let me have it. I think I can take it!
      >
      > Thanks---Glenn Powell

      No doubt about it, Paradox is a nice boat... but fit I think only for
      singlehanding. To my mind the big advantage of Micro is that when
      sailing there is easily room for two in the cockpit. Take a look at the
      drawings of Paradox, when one person is sitting up thorugh the hatch
      sailing where will the other person have to be? How long could you
      stand being cooped up below decks in any sort of waves/wind?

      Tom K