Re: [bolger] Re: wanted to buy - water ballast

  • Jeff Blunck
    Message 1 of 52 , Aug 31, 2001
      That's ok Rich, Artesian carries both!

      Jeff
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: <richard@...>
      To: <bolger@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, August 31, 2001 11:09 AM
      Subject: [bolger] Re: wanted to buy - water ballast

    • proaconstrictor@yahoo.ca
      Message 52 of 52 , Sep 21, 2001
        I don't know if you guys have covered this, but the water ballast
        system I like is the one used in the Gougeon 32, and possibly Ollie
        which is also water ballasted. They mounted two of those little
        metal trap door dingy baillers in each hull (In a mono, that would be
        two mounted in each tank, or in a martha jane type deal you could
        just use a pair. They open out into the water under the boat in such
        a way that one faces for, and one aft. There are three cords (if the
        baillers are out of reach) one to each bailler to flip either open,
        and one that loops through both so that when it is pulled on either
        or both, if open, will snap shut. When either motoring forward, or
        while sailling, you flip the forward facing one down. Water is
        forced into the tank, like opening a hose. Close it when you have the
        ballast you want. When you want to drop the ballast, just open the
        aft facing one, and the water is vaccumed out. Very simple, and only
        a few moving parts. The only downside is that the baillers are
        expensive. They would also need to be mounte in the lowest point of
        the hull/tank.