Re: WaterVan

  • george@johnoharaco.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 31, 2001
      Jeff:

      How can I get them to you.
      Your email address is truncated by YahooGroups. Can I send them to
      the files section?

      George

      --- In bolger@y..., "Jeff Blunck" <boatbuilding@g...> wrote:
      > Pictures? I would enjoy seeing yours.
      >
      > Jeff

      MA,
      > 01930, Fax: (978) 282-1349
      > > - Unsubscribe: bolger-unsubscribe@y...
      > >
      > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Jeff Blunck
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 31, 2001
        Sure, load them to the Bolger2 group or email me at
        boatbuilding@...

        Jeff
        www.dreamwater.net/cosailor

      • mkstocks@bellsouth.net
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 31, 2001
          Hi -

          PLEASE send photos!!!!

          thanks.

          Mike

          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 31, 2001
            Mike:

            Bolger2 won't take my files due to size restrictions. Until I figure
            it out, I can only send to you direct. mkstocks@b???????

            George

            --- In bolger@y..., mkstocks@b... wrote:
            > Hi -
            >
            > PLEASE send photos!!!!
            >
            > thanks.
            >
            > Mike
            >

            > --- In bolger@y..., george@j... wrote:
            > > My partner & I just completed what we believe to be the second
            > > WaterVan Built. This design goes back to a group of (4) designs
            > from
            > > 1995, and is a cousin (?) to Champlain and Inlet Runner. We
            > launched
            > > last weekend in northern New Jersey, and celebrated 19 months of
          • Stuart Crawford
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 31, 2001
              If you were to post them on the bolger2 group then the rest of us could see
              them to.

              Stuart Crawford

            • king@classics.nu
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 2, 2001
                I would love to hear more about how the boat feels to you now. What
                do you like and what do you not like? How does it handle. Docking
                seems a problem to me given the enclosed nature of the boat. Don't
                the plans call for a fold down walkway along the outside?

                Looks good in the pictures!

                Bryan \
                Seattle

              • pvanderw@optonline.net
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 2, 2001
                  > > Handling was better than expected,
                  > > and the surprise factor for "standard" boaters on the lake was
                  > > extremely high.

                  Was that Hopatcong?

                  I bet the surprise factor was off the meter. Your boat looks really,
                  really great, so mega-congratulations to you and to Mr. Bolger. Truly
                  one of the most mobile summer cottages ever seen.

                  Peter
                • Pete Robinson
                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 4, 2001
                    > Results were pleasing, with speeds to 25 with (2) aboard, a new
                    > motor, and the wrong size prop. Handling was better than expected,
                    > and the surprise factor for "standard" boaters on the lake was
                    > extremely high.
                    >
                    > Does anyone know of another WaterVan in the planning or
                    construction
                    > stage, or perhaps even a completed one?
                    >
                    > George Mindos & Stefan Gutermuth

                    I'm seriously considering a Watervan, perhaps slightly modified. It
                    is
                    to be powered with two Yanmar D27 outboard diesels.

                    I'd love to hear more detail about any deviation from the original
                    design that you have made and what powers it currently.

                    Great looking boat!!!

                    Pete Robinson
                    a3a16640@...
                  • darus@visi.com
                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 5, 2001
                      > > > Handling was better than expected,
                      > > > and the surprise factor for "standard" boaters on the lake was
                      > > > extremely high.
                      >

                      > I bet the surprise factor was off the meter.

                      I imagine so, considering that it looks for all the world as if someone
                      drove their RV onto the water.

                      > Your boat looks really,
                      > really great, so mega-congratulations to you and to Mr. Bolger. Truly
                      > one of the most mobile summer cottages ever seen.

                      I wonder, would it be practical to leave the Watervan on the trailer
                      and use it as a land based RV, also?
                    • Wjbillgiles@hotmail.com
                      Message 10 of 14 , Sep 6, 2001
                        It looks like it would work on land or water. Are the plans for the
                        WaterVan available anywhere?

                        --- In bolger@y..., <darus@v...> wrote:

                        > > I bet the surprise factor was off the meter.
                        >
                        > I imagine so, considering that it looks for all the world as if
                        someone
                        > drove their RV onto the water.
                        >
                        > > Your boat looks really,
                        > > really great, so mega-congratulations to you and to Mr. Bolger.
                        Truly
                        > > one of the most mobile summer cottages ever seen.
                        >
                        > I wonder, would it be practical to leave the Watervan on the trailer
                        > and use it as a land based RV, also?
                      • Hal Lynch
                        Message 11 of 14 , Sep 6, 2001
                          >It looks like it would work on land or water. Are the plans for the
                          >WaterVan available anywhere?

                          Phil Bolger?!

                          Could some kind soul refresh my memory as to the URL of the
                          recently posted pictures of the Water Van.

                          Thanks

                          hal
                        • Chuck Leinweber
                          Message 12 of 14 , Sep 6, 2001
                            > Could some kind soul refresh my memory as to the URL of the
                            > recently posted pictures of the Water Van.
                            >
                            > Thanks
                            >
                            > hal

                            Hal, go to the Bolger2 photos section and click on 'bolger boats'

                            You may have to join that group.

                            Chuck