WaterVan

  • george@johnoharaco.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 31, 2001
      My partner & I just completed what we believe to be the second
      WaterVan Built. This design goes back to a group of (4) designs from
      1995, and is a cousin (?) to Champlain and Inlet Runner. We launched
      last weekend in northern New Jersey, and celebrated 19 months of
      Saturdays, many Sundays, and untold odd hours here and there.
      Results were pleasing, with speeds to 25 with (2) aboard, a new
      motor, and the wrong size prop. Handling was better than expected,
      and the surprise factor for "standard" boaters on the lake was
      extremely high.

      Does anyone know of another WaterVan in the planning or construction
      stage, or perhaps even a completed one?

      George Mindos & Stefan Gutermuth
    • Jeff Blunck
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 31, 2001
        Pictures? I would enjoy seeing yours.

        Jeff

      • george@johnoharaco.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 31, 2001
          Jeff:

          How can I get them to you.
          Your email address is truncated by YahooGroups. Can I send them to
          the files section?

          George

          --- In bolger@y..., "Jeff Blunck" <boatbuilding@g...> wrote:
          > Pictures? I would enjoy seeing yours.
          >
          > Jeff

          MA,
          > 01930, Fax: (978) 282-1349
          > > - Unsubscribe: bolger-unsubscribe@y...
          > >
          > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Jeff Blunck
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 31, 2001
            Sure, load them to the Bolger2 group or email me at
            boatbuilding@...

            Jeff
            www.dreamwater.net/cosailor

          • mkstocks@bellsouth.net
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 31, 2001
              Hi -

              PLEASE send photos!!!!

              thanks.

              Mike

              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 31, 2001
                Mike:

                Bolger2 won't take my files due to size restrictions. Until I figure
                it out, I can only send to you direct. mkstocks@b???????

                George

                --- In bolger@y..., mkstocks@b... wrote:
                > Hi -
                >
                > PLEASE send photos!!!!
                >
                > thanks.
                >
                > Mike
                >

                > --- In bolger@y..., george@j... wrote:
                > > My partner & I just completed what we believe to be the second
                > > WaterVan Built. This design goes back to a group of (4) designs
                > from
                > > 1995, and is a cousin (?) to Champlain and Inlet Runner. We
                > launched
                > > last weekend in northern New Jersey, and celebrated 19 months of
              • Stuart Crawford
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 31, 2001
                  If you were to post them on the bolger2 group then the rest of us could see
                  them to.

                  Stuart Crawford

                • king@classics.nu
                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 2, 2001
                    I would love to hear more about how the boat feels to you now. What
                    do you like and what do you not like? How does it handle. Docking
                    seems a problem to me given the enclosed nature of the boat. Don't
                    the plans call for a fold down walkway along the outside?

                    Looks good in the pictures!

                    Bryan \
                    Seattle

                  • pvanderw@optonline.net
                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 2, 2001
                      > > Handling was better than expected,
                      > > and the surprise factor for "standard" boaters on the lake was
                      > > extremely high.

                      Was that Hopatcong?

                      I bet the surprise factor was off the meter. Your boat looks really,
                      really great, so mega-congratulations to you and to Mr. Bolger. Truly
                      one of the most mobile summer cottages ever seen.

                      Peter
                    • Pete Robinson
                      Message 10 of 14 , Sep 4, 2001
                        > Results were pleasing, with speeds to 25 with (2) aboard, a new
                        > motor, and the wrong size prop. Handling was better than expected,
                        > and the surprise factor for "standard" boaters on the lake was
                        > extremely high.
                        >
                        > Does anyone know of another WaterVan in the planning or
                        construction
                        > stage, or perhaps even a completed one?
                        >
                        > George Mindos & Stefan Gutermuth

                        I'm seriously considering a Watervan, perhaps slightly modified. It
                        is
                        to be powered with two Yanmar D27 outboard diesels.

                        I'd love to hear more detail about any deviation from the original
                        design that you have made and what powers it currently.

                        Great looking boat!!!

                        Pete Robinson
                        a3a16640@...
                      • darus@visi.com
                        Message 11 of 14 , Sep 5, 2001
                          > > > Handling was better than expected,
                          > > > and the surprise factor for "standard" boaters on the lake was
                          > > > extremely high.
                          >

                          > I bet the surprise factor was off the meter.

                          I imagine so, considering that it looks for all the world as if someone
                          drove their RV onto the water.

                          > Your boat looks really,
                          > really great, so mega-congratulations to you and to Mr. Bolger. Truly
                          > one of the most mobile summer cottages ever seen.

                          I wonder, would it be practical to leave the Watervan on the trailer
                          and use it as a land based RV, also?
                        • Wjbillgiles@hotmail.com
                          Message 12 of 14 , Sep 6, 2001
                            It looks like it would work on land or water. Are the plans for the
                            WaterVan available anywhere?

                            --- In bolger@y..., <darus@v...> wrote:

                            > > I bet the surprise factor was off the meter.
                            >
                            > I imagine so, considering that it looks for all the world as if
                            someone
                            > drove their RV onto the water.
                            >
                            > > Your boat looks really,
                            > > really great, so mega-congratulations to you and to Mr. Bolger.
                            Truly
                            > > one of the most mobile summer cottages ever seen.
                            >
                            > I wonder, would it be practical to leave the Watervan on the trailer
                            > and use it as a land based RV, also?
                          • Hal Lynch
                            Message 13 of 14 , Sep 6, 2001
                              >It looks like it would work on land or water. Are the plans for the
                              >WaterVan available anywhere?

                              Phil Bolger?!

                              Could some kind soul refresh my memory as to the URL of the
                              recently posted pictures of the Water Van.

                              Thanks

                              hal
                            • Chuck Leinweber
                              Message 14 of 14 , Sep 6, 2001
                                > Could some kind soul refresh my memory as to the URL of the
                                > recently posted pictures of the Water Van.
                                >
                                > Thanks
                                >
                                > hal

                                Hal, go to the Bolger2 photos section and click on 'bolger boats'

                                You may have to join that group.

                                Chuck