DOUBLE EAGLE

  • JohnSpoering@aol.com
    Message 1 of 36 , Aug 28, 2001
      Hi All -
      Is any one out there familiar with PB&F's Double Eagle
      Catamaran design? I know she doesn't look anything like a
      $350,000.00 French cat but this 40' cruising cat is the one for me.
      It has everything I could want for family cruising and it is amazing
      the way PB has put it together.
      What I want to know is "Has anyone got one sailing yet", I
      know the design is reasonably new and one (the original) was being
      built in Alaska, has it been launched? His web site is great but
      hasn't been updated in the last few months -

      http:www.thegreatsea.homestead.com/

      Another is being built in Florida - I believe around Palm
      Beach (sorry I don't remember the builders name but we met 10 years
      ago at my home in Sunrise ,Florida when I had a BBQ for Wharram
      Catamaran builders. I would love a chance to see one building or
      afloat.
      Is there a PB&F web site where one can order plans or study
      plans?
      Aloha - Jack Spoering - Ft Lauderdale, Fl
    • Dave Big Tiddles
      Message 36 of 36 , Dec 15, 2007
        Hi mark........... Yeah, we know Rory, who built 'cookie' & subsequently sailed her around the world........ He completed his circumnavigation at the same Wharram meeting we attended, having sailed from the Caribbean........... we didn't get the trophy for 'greatest distance sailed'...... he did!
        Big Tiddles & Cookie are the same concept, originating from discussions in SW England in 1990-92 there's one other 'sister-ship' out there someplace......... another Tiki21-derivative called 'Chiquita', built by another mate......... so that's one 32footer & two 21footers.
        regards, Dave.

        mark hamill <mhamill1@...> wrote:
        Hi: The name of the Tiki 21 that sailed around the world was "Cookie"
        and the circumnavigation was chronicled in the PCA magazine "Sea
        People"

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "bigtiddles69" <bigtiddles69@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Brian......... I see this is a pretty old post, but if you're
        > still interested, i'm the original owner & co-builder of BIG TIDDLES
        > .... she's 32feet, & we lived on her for 12 years or so, covering
        > 40,000 miles or so, & 4 Atlantic crossings.......... get in touch,
        if
        > you want any more info....... always happy to yarn about boats!
        > Cheers... Dave.
        >
        > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Vickers" <Brianv@> wrote:
        > >
        > > The Tiki 21 that circumnavigated was call "Cooking Fat", Cookie
        for
        > short
        > >
        > > Big Tiddles is a Tiki 26 (I think)

        PCA
        > group
        > > >
        > > > http://www.pca-
        > seapeople.org/pca/index.html
        > > >
        > > > And yes a Wharram "Tiki 21" has sailed around the
        > world. I
        > > > believe she was called "BIG TIDDLIES".
        > > >
        > > > Aloha - Jack
        Spoering -