Latex paint over epoxy

  • claude_the_sailor@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2001
      My Fellow Builder-sailors.

      I painted my skiff with Behr Floor Paint, but first, I gave it two
      light coats of Kilz Primer over the epoxy. I then gave it two good
      coats of the floor paint. It has not been in the water yet, but has
      dried quickly and seems almost bullet-proof. I have been laying tools
      down on it and have run into it several times with carts and wood that
      I,ve been handling. I'm finishing a Nymph and I intend to finish it
      the same way. I think the secret to success is the Kilz Primer. It
      goes on nicely, sands well and dries quickly.

      Claude

      Cooking here in Atlanta, Michigan.