Re: Handhelp GPS

  • Johannes Gustafsson
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 2, 2001
      Chuck,

      I did find the eTrex Mariner on www.garmin.com, although it wasn't
      easy. I went right to the User's Manuals link, and found the Mariner
      under the "Outdoor" category, not under "Marine". You can page
      through the manual there. I think the Mariner may have been
      available using the Product Comparison link that is sometimes
      available, too, if I'm not mistaken. Apparently it's identical to
      the Venture model, except for it's white rather than transparent
      case, and of course it has the Navaids data preloaded into memory.
      You pay an extra $10 for that. I'm interested in a unit for sailing
      and kayaking Lake Superior, but haven't been able to find out if it
      has Navaids for the Great Lakes and other inland waterways, or if it
      only has salt water coastal coverage. Do you happen to know about
      that, or about what PC software would be handy for creating and
      managing waypoints and routes, for uploading to the Mariner?

      Johannes

      --- In bolger@y..., "Chuck Leinweber" <chuck@d...> wrote:
      <snip>
      I am planning to buy their new E-trex Mariner: It has twelve
      channels for fast positions, and a marine Aids to Navigation database
      built in. This all for only a little more than the first one
      ($179). It only seems to be available from West Marine - it is not
      shown on the Garmin website.
      <snip>
    • Brian Mathews
      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 8, 2001
        I will be away on holiday 'til the end of August.

        Please unsubscribe.

        http://phonecard.yahoo.com/