Re: [bolger] Re: Tack and tape: cleats

  • Jeff Blunck
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2001
      Smaller boats say up to 1/4 or even 3/8 in most non-stressed places can use
      the plastic ties with great success. When I put my Frolic together, the
      plastic ties had to be doubled and tripled in the bow area just to hold
      tight but for 90% of the stitching the plastic ties worked very well.

      They are quick and easy to use and are generally cheaper than copper wire
      and they don't pull through the ply as easy since they are wider than wire.

      Jeff

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2001
        Wire, any cheap kind. "epoxy tab" between, wait overnight, and pull
        the wires.