Re: #2 Beach Cruiser Concept?

  • gunkholer@home.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 2001
      Stephen,
      To the best of my knowledge this design never made all the way
      through to the "plans for sale" stage. Too bad. From the first time I
      saw the design #2 concept sketches I thought it would make a perfect
      one person weekend cruiser - ideal for the Chesapeake area (and many
      others I'm sure). I would imagine the accomadations and the sailing
      characteristics to be very similar to a SeaPearl, which I know to be
      a very fast sailer. A similar Bolger design that comes to mind
      (although not as easy to build) would be the Whisp. If plans for the
      #2 concept boat ever become available I'd be first in line with my
      money!
      Jake

      --- In bolger@y..., stephen@p... wrote:
      > Does anyone know whether Bolger ever did complete drawings for his
      > Beach Cruiser concept, a 19-foot sharpie cat-yawl with 2 watertight
      > hatches? (A scan of what looks like an MAIB article can be found
      in
      > the "Perfect Skiff" files here under "beachcruiser.gif")
      >
      > As I understand it, the concept was a preliminary drawing for the
      > boat that ultimately became the Perfect Skiff. But the Perfect
      Skiff