Re: Slowest Micro Ever

  • colncath@bigpond.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 25, 2001
      -
      Group,
      Thanks for the responses, I answered my own question, and went
      and bought some nice Oregon (D.Fir) this morning for bulkhead A. I'm
      pretty sure quality older radiata, well epoxied, would be O.K. for
      framing and a few other jobs, (maybe not chine logs & gunwales), but
      I knew I would be happier with the heavier timber. For those
      interested, I'm going for the half inch bottom 3/8 everywhere else.

      Regards,

      Col

      -- In bolger@y..., dbaldnz@y... wrote:
      > NZ grown radiata pine is fine and has been used for decades in
      boats
      > here........IF sheathed and well coated with epoxy. I am using some
      > on my Micro just now. The better grades are reasonably strong and
      > easy to work. If you are worried about strength, use heavier glass.
      > You can also get tanalith treated timber and ply which will never
      > rot. NZ radiata is exported to Australia.
      > DonB
      >
      > --- In bolger@y..., colncath@b... wrote:
      > >

      > > I am part way through making the bulkheads/transoms for my
      Micro.