Re:gps, oarwieghts, alterations to june bug

  • wattleweedooseeds@bigpond.com.au
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24 5:03 AM
      Over the years I've tried a few hand held GPS units and would say
      the only one I would use again is the Garmins . they were very simple
      and easy, but dont try to answer them in the dark when the mobile
      rings!!. Thier tiny new one looks very interesting.
      oarweights. If yuo get the tv show Hornblower, every time they are
      rowing Without the officers or captain the have a wooden weight
      slipped over the oars, Then when the captain is aboard off they come.
      I suppose its for show. Nice attention to detail though.
      I've been busy for a while but last weekend my oar blocks ripped out
      of the june bug due to crap quality ply wood. Then the wife , darlin
      that she is told me how she would prefer a comfier seat. As I had to
      put her in the shed ( the boat ) I decided to inbuild a n armchair
      in the bow. it looking real nice . I cut out half the fore deck to
      fit it and made a folding back so you can access the new locker. as
      it was 1/2" ply I carved a "radiant sun " design with the angle
      grinder. It was all starting to look a bit out of place on a plain
      old JB so I then cut a rather pretentious looking prow from some 3/4
      ply and taped it over the old straight bow. It is sort of Gondola
      meets viking. This sort of thing happens when you reread classic boat
      or wooden boat out of boredom.
      I've now cut away half the rear deck to fit the aft seat, the new
      mizzen position will be on the aft, strbd corner so a new
      pretentious rudder can be fitted.
      The mast step has been cut out and 2 sets of oar bloks fitted . Now
      allthe kids can row me around! Yes I'm taking photos
      Cheers for now , paul